The following Calendar of Events listings have been provided by event venues, individual organizers and readers of Georgia Magazine.
Event details and costs are subject to change; please check the individual event websites for any cancellations and postponements.
- Northeast Georgia MountainsOther
Helen's Annual Lighting of the Village begins at 5 p.m. Visit Santa and Mrs. Claus from 5-7 p.m. The Lighting of the Village is at 6 p.m. The Helen First Baptist Church Choir performs from 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Historic HeartlandCommunity, Kids & Family, Leisure & Recreation, Outdoors
Ready to start the Christmas Holiday? Come join us as we embrace this holiday season with the lighting of the Christmas Tree! This event will take place on the courthouse lawn.
- Historic HeartlandCommunity, Kids & Family, Leisure & Recreation, Other
This Christmas Season, think Shop Small! What is Shop Small? It’s a movement to shop in your local town in the small shops. Check out our local shops on the square for unique finds and gifts as we shop small, shop locally on the first Saturday of every month!
- Historic HeartlandCommunity
Show your support for the small independent businesses that make up our great downtown. When you spend $25 with one of our merchants - stores, salons, spas, restaurants are all included - your name will be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 Downtown Dollar gift certificates.
- -Northeast Georgia MountainsCraft Fair
Open air arts and crafts show in downtown Helen.
- Classic SouthTheater
"A Charlie Brown Christmas," the Emmy and Peabody award-winning story by Charles M. Schulz, has warmed the hearts of millions of fans since it first aired on television over 55 years ago.
Now the classic animated television special comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation that celebrates the timeless television classic so the whole family can join Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the "Peanuts" characters in their journey to uncover the true meaning of Christmas.
After the final bow, the show crescendos into a celebration of song as the audience is invited to join the "Peanuts" gang in singing traditional Christmas songs and carols.
"A Charlie Brown Christmas: Live on Stage" is a present the whole family can enjoy! There’s no better way for both children and adults to discover the magic of the season!
Show starts at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $55.50-$25.50.
Call 706-447-6767 for more information.
- Historic HeartlandCraft Fair
The City of Bostwick is hosting the Cotton Gin Festival on Saturday, Oct. 28, with the parade at 11:00 a.m.
Please park in designated areas for safety. Hayrides are available from the parking field to the festival. We ask that you do not park in areas roped off as it may interfere with festival operations. Violators will be held responsible for accidents or towing.
Please be prepared to park in a field as you are coming to the country!
Handicap accessibility via bus. The parking fee is $5 per vehicle.
- -Atlanta MetroTheater
Gather the entire family for a new holiday theatrical tradition – A Christmas Story live on stage! The world’s most famous nine-year-old – Ralphie Parker – takes us on a hysterical, hijinks-filled avalanche of adventure filled with all the trappings of a perfect family holiday – an exploding furnace, an innocent experiment with a wet tongue on a cold lamppost, a Red Ryder range BB gun with a compass in the stock, and a wild rash of theatrical fantasies not for the “fra-gee-lay” of heart. Come see this beloved Christmas story live on stage for a night filled with madcap humor, unforgettable characters and the true warmth of the holiday season.
- Classic SouthTheater
Direct from Broadway, "Mean Girls" is the hilarious hit musical from writer Tina Fey (“30 Rock”), composer Jeff Richmond (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”), lyricist Nell Benjamin ("Legally Blonde") and original director and choreographer Casey Nicholaw ("The Book of Mormon"). The story of a naïve newbie who falls prey to a trio of lionized fremenies, "Mean Girls" “delivers with immense energy, a wicked sense of humor and joyful inside-jokery.”
Show starts 7:30 p.m.
Tickets go on sale Aug. 31, 2023.
Call 706-447-6767 for more information
- Georgia's CoastKids & Family
First Friday in Historic Downtown Brunswick is a fun family event that happens the first Friday of each month. We close the streets from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. so you can come down and enjoy live music, special discounts from downtown merchants, a car show and so much more! Come shop, dine and explore our downtown!
- Georgia's CoastKids & Family
First Friday in Historic Downtown Brunswick is a fun family event that happens the first Friday of each month. We close the streets from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. so you can come down and enjoy live music, special discounts from downtown merchants, a car show and so much more!
- -Classic SouthTheater
Come catch a show at the Warrenton Cultural Center December 1st thru December 3rd.
Visit AreaChildrensTheatre.org for additional information.
- Historic HeartlandFood & DrinkFollow the food trucks to Olde Town Conyers for Trucks on the Tracks in 2023! Save the dates for the following dates and treat yourself and your family to dinner from a variety of food trucks at Trucks on the Tracks. The Thursday Trucks on the Tracks event times are 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. All other Trucks on the Tracks events held in conjunction with Olde Town festivals and events coincide with festival/event hours. 2023 Trucks on the Tracks Schedule Friday, March 17 (in conjunction with the St. Patrick's Day festivities); Thursday, April 20; Saturday, May 6 (in conjunction with the Taste of Spring Festival); Monday, July 3 (in conjunction with Red, White and Boom!); Thursday, September 21; Saturday, October 21 (in conjunction with the Olde Town Fall Festival); Friday, December 1 (in conjunction with the Olde Town Christmas Party). Check back for a list of food trucks scheduled to participate as each event approaches. We hope to see you in Olde Town for fun and great food!
- Historic HeartlandKids & FamilyJoin us for the Olde Town Christmas Party on Friday, Dec. 1, 2023! Trucks on the Tracks (food trucks) will be featured on Railroad Street, just past the Conyers Welcome Center/Depot (901 Railroad Street). Add selfies with Santa with the backdrop of the Rockdale County Fire Department firetruck, marshmallow roasting, reindeer games for kids, and live music, and you've got a great evening ahead! The Olde Town Christmas Party takes place on Friday, December 1, 2023, on Railroad Street in Olde Town Conyers from 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. Parking and Admission are free! Check our website for food trucks scheduled to participate at this year's event.
Art Exhibit & Reception. Shop local and support our local artists! Enjoy two-days of the regions finest artists and craft persons. Original/handmade works. Free admission.
- -Classic SouthArt Exhibit, Community, Craft Fair, Kids & Family, OutdoorsScott Family Farm is excited to create the holiday magic for you and your family with this 2-day opportunity to shop more than 150 vetted, local artisans to find that unique piece of art or craft item - including locally grown produce and food trucks! Santa will be visiting from 10 am to 2 pm., Pony rides, Petting Zoo, Inflatables and musicians will be performing classic holiday songs! $3 parking, entry to the Market is FREE! Your well-behaved, leashed pet is welcome to visit!
- Historic HeartlandKids & Family
The Conyers Christmas Parade returns on Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 2 p.m. The parade kicks off from the intersection of Rowland Road at Pine Log Road and travels Pine Log Road to Main Street and concludes at Milstead Avenue at Pine Street. Parade entry is only $25 and there are prizes this year in several categories for bragging rights for your business, organization, school group or church, so be sure to complete the application and submit it today. Applications available on our website. Are you anxious to stake out your spot along the parade route? Check out the map of the route and plan where you want to set up to watch all the fun! Stay afterwards for shopping, dining, and the Rockdale County Tree Lighting at the Courthouse at 6:00 p.m.
- Northeast Georgia MountainsCharity Event, Craft Fair
A holiday tradition in Blue Ridge featuring hand made gifts such as knitted scarves, shawls and more. A variety of food for holiday dining and gift giving including jams, jellies and pickles, plus a variety of cakes, cookies and candy. Frozen casseroles for main dish entrees and side dishes will be offered as well. All proceeds are used to support organizations that assist our mountain neighbors. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free parking, free admission. Handicap accessible.
- Historic HeartlandCommunity, Food & Drink, Kids & Family, Leisure & Recreation, Other, Outdoors
Join us in downtown Forsyth on the first Saturday of each month for our special 1st Saturday Shop Small event. Enjoy the sweet life in Forsyth and look for the shopping and dining specials sure to please! And don’t miss out on the special treat--Forsyth Mainstreet sponsors a free concert and food trucks on those first Saturday nights, May through August!
- -Classic SouthCraft Fair
Holiday shopping market with 100+ artists! Join us for a weekend of food trucks, Santa, pony rides, petting zoo and Inflatables. Located on a family Christmas tree farm with hiking trails. This is sure to be a fun family event! Shepeard Blood Mobile will be onsite, and anyone who donates receives 50% off a Christmas tree! Saturday 9-4; Sunday 10-3; Parking is $3; Admission is free.